National minimum wage increases
National Minimum Wage rates will increase on 1st October 2016, the new rates will be:
- £7.20 per hour - 25 yrs old and over
- £6.95 per hour - 21-24 yrs old
- £5.55 per hour 18-20 yrs old
- £4 per hour - 16-17 yrs old
- £3.40 for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.
The national living wage, the national minimum wage rate for workers aged 25 or above, is unaffected by the recent changes.
Future changes to the national minimum wage and the national living wage will now take place at the same time in April each year.
Interestingly, the government expects the living wage rate to rise to over £9 by 2020.
For more information on People Care HR's Software and Consultancy network contact us on email@example.com or alternatively call us on 0203 714 4346 for further details on the range of bespoke HR software and consultancy options that are available.